You'll find a lot of information about the public debt and the Treasury securities we sell right here on our website. We've got information about T-bills, notes, and bonds, savings bonds, and other special securities. You can also find a lot of public debt statistics or do a quick search of our site. After you look around on your own, if you don't find what you want to know about us, send us an e-mail.
You just might find all the information you're looking for here without having to make a formal Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and paying a fee. If you do want to make a FOIA request, here's what's involved:
Making a FOIA Request
- Your request must be in writing and signed. We can't accept requests by e-mail.
- You must state that you're making the request under the FOIA.
- You need to describe the records you're requesting. The more specific you are, the easier it is for us to locate the records.
- You need to tell us what category of requester you are -- commercial, media, educational, all others -- because there are different fee structures.
- Since fees might be charged, you'll need to agree to pay.
- We work hard to respond promptly to FOIA requests. However, you might not get everything you ask for. Some of the information we do not disclose includes:
- who owns Treasury securities;
- personal information about employees or other individuals;
- information that would cause competitive harm to a business, such as a contractor.
If we withhold information, you may appeal, and if your appeal is denied, you have the right to go to court to request the release of records.
Send FOIA requests to the following address:
Bureau of the Fiscal Service (Fiscal Service)
Cynthia Sydnor/Denise Nelson
401 Fourteenth Street, SW
Washington, DC 20227
You can also fax your request to: 202-874-5484
Try looking around on our Web site first -- it will probably be the most convenient way for you to get information.
For links to other valuable FOIA resources, check our Electronic Reading Room.