Direct Deposit for HH Bond Interest
On this page:
- What is direct deposit?
- How do I change my direct deposit?
- Why should I use direct deposit?
- What if my direct deposit payment did not arrive?
- For other questions about direct deposit
What is direct deposit?
With direct deposit, we pay the interest your HH bond earns every six months directly into your bank account.
How do I change my direct deposit?
- Fill out form FS Form 5396 (download or order).
- Send the completed and signed form to the address on the form.
Why should I use direct deposit?
With direct deposit:
- You don't have to go to the bank to deposit a check.
- Your money won't be stolen.
- Your money is available on the payment date.
What if my direct deposit payment did not arrive?
If you think you should have received a direct deposit payment and it is not in your bank account:
- Make sure a payment was due. Interest on HH bonds is due every six months from the issue date on the bond until the bond is 20 years old.
To see which months are interest payment months for your bonds: Rates and Terms for HH Bonds
- Check with your financial institution to see if the payment is there.
- Make sure you are checking the financial institution and account you gave us when you signed up for direct deposit.
- If the payment was due and you are sure it is missing, write to us. You must include:
- Name on the account and the bond(s)
- Social Security Number that goes with the account and the bond(s)
- Date the payment was due
- Amount of the payment, if you know it
- Send your letter to:
Treasury Retail Securities Site
PO Box 214
Minneapolis, MN 55480-0214
For other questions about direct deposit
Contact the Treasury Retail Securities Site at the address above or call 844-284-2676 (toll free).