U.S. Department of the Treasury Launches New Ready.Save.Grow. Campaign
Millions of people indicate they need a safe and convenient way to save for long-term goals. To help people take control of their financial future, the U.S. Department of the Treasury recently introduced Ready.Save.Grow., a public education campaign to provide information about Treasury savings options, like U.S. Savings Bonds.
A diverse partner network is a key element of the Ready.Save.Grow. campaign. To aid partners in spreading the word, the user-friendly Ready.Save.Grow. website—www.treasurydirect.gov/readysavegrow—offers turnkey resources for educating community members and other stakeholders about how easy it can be to save with Treasury savings options. Among the available resources are toolkits developed specifically for non-profit organizations, employers and financial institutions.
Most people believe it’s important to set money aside for the future, but many may not realize how easy it can be to save. Treasury savings options can help people overcome common barriers to saving, because they are:
- Affordable. You don’t need a lot of money to start saving. You can buy a U.S. Savings Bond for just $25 and other Treasury securities for $100—and there are no fees.
- Safe. Treasury securities are trusted savings options that protect the original principal. In addition, you can safely buy and manage Treasury securities through TreasuryDirect—the Treasury Department’s secure, online system.
- Convenient. You can buy and manage Treasury securities online, 24/7.
The Treasury Department is supporting the launch of Ready.Save.Grow. with robust social media and traditional outreach efforts. Articles quoting Ready.Save.Grow. spokespeople ran in The Sacramento Bee, Reuters and The Boston Herald, and a Twitter handle—@ReadySaveGrow—sharing news and other updates debuted as well.
Read more about the campaign launch.
Through Ready.Save.Grow., the Treasury Department offers turnkey tools and resources your organization can share to spread the word about affordable, safe and convenient Treasury savings options. By providing information and answering questions, you can pave the way for people to grow their future savings and, at the same time, build stronger relationships with those you serve.
Download the materials that are right for you:
Here are some ideas on how you can use the toolkit materials to provide information:
- Brief your staff. Inform them how Treasury securities can help people save and point them to the free, downloadable materials available from the Ready.Save.Grow. campaign.
- Spread the word through your communications channels. Share information about affordable, safe and convenient Treasury savings options. Link to the Ready.Save.Grow. website— www.treasurydirect.gov/readysavegrow—in your organization’s newsletters, e-mails, social media channels and website.
- Share materials. Hand out brochures and “how to” tip sheets at your facility or other events.
Together, we can let people know about ways they can grow their savings for a better tomorrow.