Special Announcements for TreasuryDirect account holders:
Heavy volume is slowing our response time to calls on the phone and cases sent by mail. You can call us from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Please expect long wait times if you need an agent.
Estimated processing times for cases you send by mail:
- Claims for lost or stolen bonds, 6 to 7 months
- FS Form 5444, for account authorization, 8 weeks
- Other cases, 13 weeks
The annual purchase limit for Series I savings bonds in TreasuryDirect is $10,000.
- Fiscal Service Aids Savings Bonds Owners in South Carolina Affected by Hurricane Ian; One-year minimum holding period waived
- Treasury Seeking Comments on State and Local Government Series (SLGS) Securities Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM)
- Fiscal Service Announces Activity for Securities in the STRIPS Program for October 2022
- Fiscal Service Announces New Savings Bonds Rates, Series I to Earn 6.89%, Series EE to Earn 2.10%