New Customers & Forms
New Accounts: Preparing to Invest
Legal authority, either from a statute or a treaty, is required for federal agencies to participate in the Federal Investments Program by investing in Government Account Series (GAS) securities.
To Set Up Treasury Account Symbols
Federal agencies with new investment authority should immediately contact their Office of Management and Budget (OMB) budget representative to get approval.
Next, contact the Bureau of the Fiscal Service’s (Fiscal Service) Budget Reporting Branch (BAASGroup@fiscal.treasury.gov) and Federal Investments and Borrowings Branch (FedInvestor@fiscal.treasury.gov) to provide:
- A statement showing that OMB has approved the account(s).
- The statutory authority
- The agency and bureau needing the account
- The type of fund
- The proposed account title
- The Investment Subclasses for the account: (88), (98), (75), and (76) or .2, depending on the type of fund being set up.
- OMB Circular A-11 Section 79.4 (How do I request new accounts, changes to existing accounts in MAX?)
- Treasury Financial Manual Chapter 1500 (Description of Accounts for Financial Operations)
FedInvest Access Forms
Instructions for Completing FedInvest LogonID Request General Information Form
Bureau of the Fiscal Service FedInvest Logon ID Request General Information Form
System Access Administrator Form