Direct Deposit for HH savings bonds
We no longer offer Series HH savings bonds, but some we issued in the past haven’t matured and are still paying interest.
What is direct deposit?
With direct deposit, we pay the interest your HH bond earns every six months directly into your bank account.
How do I change my direct deposit?
- Fill out FS Form 5396.
- Send the completed and signed form to the address on the form.
What if my direct deposit payment did not arrive?
If you think you should have received a direct deposit payment and it is not in your bank account:
- Make sure a payment was due. Interest on HH bonds is due every six months from the issue date on the bond until the bond is 20 years old.
- Check with your financial institution to see if the payment is there.
- Make sure you are checking the financial institution and account you gave us when you signed up for direct deposit.
- If the payment was due and you are sure it is missing, write to us. You must include:
To see which months are interest payment months for your bonds: HH Bonds Interest Rates
- Name on the account and the bond(s)
- Social Security Number that goes with the account and the bond(s)
- Date the payment was due
- Amount of the payment, if you know it
Treasury Retail Securities Services
P.O. Box 9150
Minneapolis, MN 55480-9150
For other questions about direct deposit
Contact Treasury Retail Securities Services at the address above or call 844-284-2676 (toll free).
(Note: Before Series HH savings bonds, we issued Series H savings bonds. All H bonds have matured.)